How it works!
Notable bicycle and sport equipment manufacturers integrate the CODE-No.com theft-protection service under the lacquer, as permanent component of the production process.
The CODE-No.com theft protection can also be stuck as individual label directly to the object to be protected. The label is made of a weather-resistant security film, with a very strongly bonding and high-performance adhesive.
A few easy steps to a registered CODE number:
- Fasten your security label to a clean and grease-free base. If properly applied, the label cannot be removed without the use of force. Full adhesive strength is achieved after approx. 48 hours.
- Register here only once, free of charge, here and activate your own personal CODE number. We recommend you also provide additional, unchangeable attributes, such as a serial number; this raises the level of protection.
- Your property is now protected!
What happens in a case of theft?
- The owner reports the object at CODE-No.com as stolen or changes the status on his/her own in their profile
- Worldwide theft check: Using the CODE number, any finder or buyer can determine the status of a registered object, so it is quite simple to check whether a bicycle, for example, has been reported as stolen. To do this, simply scan the QR code with a smartphone, or enter the CODE number online in the theft-check section.
The following CODE number was checked [Code number]
In possession (green)
For sale (yellow)
Reported as stolen (red)
You can also have the result sent to you as SMS or e-mail.
- The finder reports the theft to CODE-No.com and we forward this information to the owner. The finder and the owner can make contact with one another only if both parties wish this.